Received my Birchbox last week and I wanted to try a few things out before I about them with you. Usually I show you because I get too excited but this time I took my time and said, “Lets take our time.” I didn’t try everything but if I did, under the product description, I will put my input on it.
- Nexxus - Pro-Mend Split End Treatment System $9.99 to $14.99
(Shampoo, Conditioner, Creme)
Infused with coconut oil and amino acids, this shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in treatment work together to fix unsightly split ends.
- Mighty Leaf Tea Company - Chamomile Citrus Caffeine Free $9.95 Box of 15
Swap your afternoon latte for these yummy tea blends, made from natural, ethically sourced ingredients.
- I’m actually drinking this one right now and it’s delicious. I’m a tea person over a coffee person. Usually I buy whole loose tea leaves and brew them and these are just like that but in little bags. You have the whole loose tea leaves, not the little mashes up bits you usually get in tea bags. I love that! (Apparently other people did too! All the tea is sold out on the Birchbox website!)
- Mighty Leaf Tea Company - Green Tea Tropical Light Caffeine $9.95 Box of 15
(Same description as above)
- Mighty Leaf Tea Company - Vanilla Bean Black Tea Caffeine $9.95 Box of 15
(Same description as #2)
- Color Club - Birchbox Custom Polish (Status Update) $8.00
We teamed up with Color Club to create this custom shade, inspired by the Fall 2012 collections.
- Below I put a picture of what the polish looks like on. Excuse the messy application, I was in a hurry for a dinner date and did not have much time and really wanted to apply it. I really like the color and would consider it a very dark gray. I have never worn dark nail polish and I think I’ll be buying a lot more dark nail polish for fall. Uh oh!
- 21 drops - Focus Aromatherapy Blend $29
Stay sharp with this mind-clearing blend of rosemary and peppermint essential oils. Apply to pulse points and breathe deep.
- Well, I guess I tried this. I’m writing this post late at night and I decided to put this on. I did what it said and really, I don’t fully understand aromatherapy. Yes, I smell the rosemary and peppermint, but…I don’t get it? Haha. Maybe it’s just me…Birchbox, please stop sending me perfumes and aromatherapy. :)
- Vasanti - Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator $34
This exfoliating cleanser uses professional-grade (read: effective) microderm crystals and papaya enzymes to brighten dull skin.
- I’m all about exfoliators. All day everyday. I didn’t have an in shower one (I need one near every water source, in case I forget to exfoliate) so this became my in shower one. Apparently if you read in the website a single tube (full size) could last you 4-6 months. Hmm…not bad. It also said to use a pea amount, I was using way more than a pea, oops…haha! But it does leave my skin soft and I don’t know if it brightens my face but I like how it left my face feeling and it doesn’t leave my face super red like some other exfoliators do.
- twistband - Birchbox Custom Lace Hair Tie $22 for 12
Designers went gaga for lace this season and we don’t blame them. Get on board with these ouch-free hair ties.
- I’m a huge fan of twistband. I think they look super cute in the hair because it leaves that little part out and it looks like you tied it in the hair yourself. So, to get another one I was just super happy and in another color that isn’t black.
- Madewell - $25 Gift Card (after spending $75 or more)
- (Not Shown) Birchbox Digital Download
Tristan Prettyman is our latest musical crush. Download two of the singer-songwriter’s brand new tracks at tristanprettyman.com/bb.
Sorry about how bad I painted my nails, I had about 10 minutes to do my nails before a dinner date, this is what I ended up with. To be honest, for 10 minutes and needing to really quick remove nail polish, file, paint and kinda clean up some really bad oops…not too bad. Haha.
Overall I liked my Birchbox.
I did noticed that a month ago Birchbox did repin my box on Pinterest from last month (you can see last month box here!) and on their Pinterest a lot of people were upset with all the things I got in my Birchbox and how they didn’t get the same stuff. Honestly, not every month for me I fall in love. Some boxes are okay. I overall like every box I get. No box I hate. I am paying $10 a month for deluxe samples or plain samples, I don’t expect to get full size products every month. When I do get big products it makes it worth it for me. Like the nail polish, tea, and twistband hair ties made it worth it for me this month.
Also, I’ve seen other Birchbox subscribers get upset on how we all get different things. Honestly, I much rather get different things. For instance, I don’t have any use for anti-aging products and when I get them it’s a bit of a bummer for me because I can’t really see if they work or not because I don’t have wrinkles or fine lines or anything like that. Also, I dislike getting perfumes because I’m picky. The whole point of these boxes is to get new things. I was going to post what I have my profile set up as, but I decided not to because that would be cheating and I want you guys to continue getting what you get and let it be a discovery every month and enjoy your boxes. :)
If anyone wants actually sign up for Birchbox you can go ahead and click here! Try it out for a couple months and see how you like it. :)
Have a great day!